Saturday, May 31, 2014

20 Minute Arm Workout


Happy Weekend!


Here’s a pretty quick arm workout to get you going for the weekend. I’ve always had super scrawny arms and have just recently started arm workouts using weights. I’ve already noticed a decent amount of definition to my arms and I love it! Not that I want to get bulked up or anything, but it would be nice to have some upper body strength, am I right?? 

Over the past few months I’ve done various arm exercises, but these are the few that I’ve grown the fondest of. This workout has 3 groups with 2 different moves and an added set of walkout pushups in between each group. I like to throw these in to break up the routine a little bit, plus they're an easy and effective move. It’s pretty quick just going through once, so I’ve been doing the whole routine three times through. 


As far as weights go, I keep it pretty light. I use 8lb. dumbbells for all of the moves, except for the lateral raises when I use 5lbs (sometimes even 3lbs by the last round).


Note: To perform the walkouts begin standing up with feet shoulder width apart. Bend forward and walk your hands forward to the front of your mat until you are in a pushup position. Perform one pushup, then walk yourself back with your hands until you are in your starting position.

What is your favorite arm workout? Let me know in the comments below!

xoxo, Michelle

No comments:

Post a Comment